New Year's Day and it is the start of 2013 which means it's time for new year's resolutions and all that stuff. I'm not one for making many resolutions, and I'm certainly not one for keeping them. My main hopes (rather than resolutions) for 2013 are:
|Image Source: Mediaite.com.|
- Keep on blogging!
- Keep on riding!
- Try to get to 3,000,000 views on my YouTube channel before the end of the year
- Establish a steady modest income for the same YouTube channel
- Finish my book about the "100 Corners of Ireland"
- Get a publisher or self publish the same book
- Re-start my abandoned book on YouTube and Education
- Be a little more active on Twitter, especially on educational matters
- Hang on to my job in what is likely to be the first year of significant change the Higher Education sector in Ireland
But perhaps the most important thing I should do in 2013 is to stop turning into a grumpy auld bollix! This year I will be 54 and there is definitely something about middle age that makes you less tolerant of other people and the things they do. A cigarette butt or chewing gum on the floor never used to bother me - now I think that culprit should be locked up in a dungeon and the keys thrown away. Chill!. I see young students with hoodies and filthy grey track suit bottoms hanging off their arses - I must stop being bewildered and annoyed at this. I must be less resistant to, and more supportive of change - especially at work.
I will still rant when I think it is deserved - we all need to let a bit of steam off from time-to-time!
Post a Comment