|Happy St Patrick's Day!
I like being Irish. I was born and reared in Ireland. I've lived and worked in Ireland all my life. I will die in Ireland. I have never ever been ashamed of being Irish. I am a proud Irish man, and today is our National Day. I had a great giggle at Jennifer O'Connell's article in Monday's Irish Times on 37 signs that you might be Irish. In particular I loved these ones:
- There’s nothing that can’t be cured by either flat 7Up or Sudocrem
- Grievances are measured in units of 800 years
- You have a Bono story
- When people of other nationalities ask you if you speak “Gaelic”, the only phrase that comes to mind is “An bhfuil cead agam dul go dtí an leithreas?"
- If Tom Cruise walked into the pub, you’d let on you hadn’t a notion who he was
- You think there should be something about the immersion in this list